The Religious Education Department is a major department within the Academy. It fulfils a dual function, the faith development of the students and as an academic subject. The school is a Lasallian school and the department reflects this in all that it does.
- To pass on something of value - in this case our Catholic belief and traditions.
- To broaden and deepen our students' understanding of our faith.
- To encourage our students to see themselves as valuable members of the community.
- To assist our students to make wise and enlightened decisions in their lives.
- To help the students to see the place of God in our lives.
- To encourage a realistic view of life and its meaning to a Christian.
- To assist our students to an understanding of the world around them and its problems.
- To encourage our students to strive for goals that will somehow contribute to the common goals.
- To contribute as Catholic teachers in the work of evangelism.
- To prepare our students to achieve success at an appropriate level in external examinations.