Employers play a massively important part in the development of young people, by ensuring that they have the correct qualifications and skills to make our future businesses and the economy stronger than ever.
Currently we have some brilliant connections with employers in the Hospitality and Catering Industries. Each year we are part of Visitor Economy Week, where all of our students engage with employers who come into the academy and explain their role in the visitor economy and potential career opportunities. In addition, our students go to a range of businesses centred around the Royal Albert Dock, where they learn about the history of employment and careers, including how opportunities have developed across the years. They gain an important understanding of how the city benefits from the tourist industry and the Cruise Liner Terminal impact on developing career opportunities and increasing the local economy.
There are a number of ways that you, as employers, can assist in the development of our students by:
- offering work experience placements
- speaking to small groups of students about your business and the skills and qualifications needed to gain employment
- attending The De La Salle Academy Careers Fair
- arranging a visit to your place of work
- delivering mock interviews to prepare our Year 10 & Year 11 students for the world of work
To find out how you can help, please contact:
Mrs M. Threlkeld, Careers Lead on 0151 546 3134.
Alternatively you can get information from the Liverpool City Region Growth Platform about what you can do to support students in education
'The Careers Hub joins the dots between education and business in the region.'