Uniform & Equipment
It is expected that the Academy uniform will instil pride, and support positive behaviour and discipline. It will encourage identity with, and support for, the Academy ethos and ensure students from all backgrounds feel welcome. The uniform will protect students from social pressures to dress in a particular way and nurture cohesion to promote good relationships between different groups of students.
We expect our students to take great pride in their appearance at all times. We expect all students to have a bag for carrying books, PE kit and other equipment.
- Choosing an education at The De La Salle Academy is essentially entering into a contract between the student and the Academy.
- Students should expect to be provided with a quality education and a wide range of learning opportunities. They should expect the Academy to identify and nurture their particular talents, and to provide a safe and welcoming environment in which to learn and develop.
- The Academy should expect students to arrive each day properly equipped, and prepared to do their best at whatever task is set for them. They should be sensitive to the needs of other students, and be respectful towards all others, whether adults or fellow students.
Students are expected to have moderate hairstyles, avoiding extremes such as shaved heads or excessively long hair. Hair should not cover your son's face or be as so long as to rearch his shoulders. We recognise that changing hairstyles are part of modern everyday society. However, the school is a work environment for a large number of children and young adults.
Our Expectations Are:
- Hair is completely off the full face.
- Hair is completely off the shoulders.
- A hair net will be provided in food technology to all students with long hair.
- For practical subjects such as physical education and technology, hair should be tied back with either a band or a bobble. Specifically for swimming, a cap should be worn also.
Examples of Unacceptable Hairstyles
Hair covering the face
Hair down to shoulders
Blazer, Shirt & Tie
Students must wear a black blazer with the academy badge. Blazers must be worn at all times. Hooded sweatshirts are not appropriate for school.
Students must wear a plain white shirt with collar suitable to take a tie; may be short or long sleeved and must be tucked into trousers.
Ties should be worn with 7 stripes showing, students must wear the tie of their house.
Trousers & Footwear
Trousers must be plain black, straight cut, medium width, regular fit or pleated.
Footwear must be plain black leather, imitation leather, suede or patent; or ankle boots. Please see below for examples of acceptable and unacceptable footwear, if you need advice please contact your son's head of year.
Examples of Acceptable Footwear
Examples of Unacceptable Footwear
Please ensure all items of clothing are clearly labelled with your son's full name. The PE Kit can be purchased from the Club Web Shop.
Students must wear the Academy branded t-shirt and for lessons as shown above.
Students must wear the Academy branded shorts as shown above.
Students must wear the Academy branded PE Socks as shown above.
Your son needs to bring the following equipment with him each day;
- Pencil Case
- Pencil sharpener
- Packet of coloured pencils
- Appropriate P.E. kit for the day
- Mouth guard for rugby
- Shin guards for football
- Homework that is due
- Reading book