What are the Gatsby Benchmarks?
The Gatsby Benchmarks are a framework of 8 guidelines; defining the best careers provision to be offered in secondary schools.
Our Academy has the sole responsibility for our careers programme, so we offer all of our students a high standard programme of careers delivery in Years 7-11; preparing them for their learning journey into further education, training and/or employment. Our careers programme is based on the Gatsby Benchmarks and we evaluate it on a regular basis using these benchmarks. The eight Gatsby Benchmarks have been used as part of the strategy to develop our careers programme and they are outlined below:;
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from Career and Labour Market Information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal Guidance
For further information about the Gatsby Benchmarks and what good provision looks like for each benchmark, please click on the links below:
- https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/schools-colleges/gatsby benchmarks