The Curriculum on offer to all of our boys takes from all key areas, allowing boys to explore creative subjects as well as academic. Throughout Key Stage 3, all boys study English, English Literature, Mathematics, Science, Spanish, History, Religious Education, ICT/Computer Science, Drama, Food Technology, Art, Design & Technology, P.E and PSHE. In addition, Year 8 also study Geography.
The Key Stage 4 curriculum allows boys to explore their own interests without restricting them to specific subject areas. Core subjects, along with Religious Education make up the basic offering. Beyond this, boys can opt to study Spanish, History, Food Technology, Business, I-Media, Design & Technology, Music, P.E, and Citizenship.
The subjects on offer change year on year to cater for the needs of the boys and to ensure we stay ahead of current thinking.
We will ensure all of our students are entitled to a curriculum which will enable them to:
- Exceed expectations.
- Access learning in a personalised way.
- Benefit from a range of curriculum partnerships.
We will deliver a curriculum that will allow students to explore, discover and share what they learn, in turn, enriching their character, giving them the skills to become effective citizens of the future and giving back to their community.
Our curriculum will ensure we:
- Include and meet the needs of all our students by promoting engagement to maximise progress and potential.
- Enrich learning, develop skills and interests and promote progression.
- Develop use of 21st century technology and make learning vocationally relevant.
- Encourage creativity and innovation in our teaching and learning activities.
- Support transition into the academy and post 16.
- Inspire active, independent and student led learning.
- Produce citizens that are representative of the teachings of Christ.